FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Center for Sales Strategy Recognizes the Recent Class of Talent Superhero Winners
(April 7, 2022) — The Center for Sales Strategy (CSS), a total revenue performance company, announces the recognition of the 2021 Talent Superhero winners – managers who are recognized for recruiting, selecting, developing, and engaging top performers on their teams and in their markets every day.
This prestigious annual award acknowledges leaders in sales management roles (or similar – GSM, DOS, VP, Station Director, etc.) who oversee all things talent-related on their teams and in their territories – and were likely nominated by someone on their team. Winners are selected by a committee that reviews skills and success of each nominee based on building and maintaining a strong talent bank, recruiting top talent to the organization, coaching people to maximize their strengths, engaging their team, and retaining top performers over time.
“We received a tremendous number of nominations in Q4 of 2021 (the highest number since we launched this annual recognition in 2017), which is a true testament to the leadership, work ethic, and skill of these managers and the cultures they create for their teams,” said Beth Sunshine, Partner and Vice President of Talent Services at The Center for Sales Strategy. “The competition was the hardest it’s ever been, and it’s truly an honor to recognize these leaders for the amazing work they do for their teams and organizations day-in and day-out.”
The 2021 Talent Superheroes are:
- Amy Coplen — Local Sales Manager, TEGNA, Austin, TX
- Angelina Rosario — Director of Sales, Cox Media Group, Miami, FL
- Carolyn McCulligh — Vice President of Advertising, McClatchy, West Region
- Darlene Park — Director of Sales, Bonneville International, Denver, CO
- Fran Mallace — Former Group Vice President of Cox Media and current CEO of Make-A-Wish Arizona
- Frank Palino — Director of Sales, TEGNA, Seattle, WA
- James Conner — Director of Sales, Emmis Communications, Indianapolis, IN
- Jason Finkelberg — Market President and CRO, Townsquare Media, Hudson Valley
- Jim Richmond — Director of Sales, Bonneville International, Seattle, WA
- Jimmy Farrell — Director of Sales, Cox Media Group, Jacksonville, FL
- Maryann Balbo — Group Vice President, Cox Media
- Sarah Dobbins — Vice President of Sales, Townsquare Media, Northern New England
- Scott Hopeck — Division President, iHeartMedia, New York
In addition to this honor, Maryann Balbo joins the Talent Superhero ‘League of Legends’ – as she is the first Talent Superhero recipient to receive this prestigious award two times (2018 and 2021).
Winner headshots, information, and nomination process can be found at css.buzz/talentsuperhero.
About The Center for Sales Strategy
Founded in 1983, The Center for Sales Strategy (CSS) has grown to serve hundreds of clients annually, across a spectrum of industries including broadcast, print, and digital media, professional services, non-profit associations, and more. CSS is focused on improving sales performance as it helps sales organizations turn talent into performance and develop the highest-performing sales professionals. Its approach to customer-focused selling and talent-focused management has always been, and continues to be, core to its clients’ success and the organization’s success. CSS is joined by LeadG2, its sales performance division, and Up Your Culture, its employee engagement and company culture division, to help organizations achieve total revenue performance. To learn more about The Center for Sales Strategy, visit thecenterforsalesstrategy.com.
Contact: Shaye Smith, Director of Marketing