“80% of success is showing up.”
– AROUND THE WEB –
<< If you only read one thing >>
The 2030s Great Depression: You Can Prosper in the Age of Decline– The Great Game of Business
Have you found yourself talking about inflation or labor issues lately?
They were discussing these issues long before you or I started having dinner conversations about them.
However, ITR Economics’ perspective isn’t the doom and gloom one might expect. The firm is adamantly teaching its clients how to prosper in what it has coined “the Age of Decline.”
But before we jump into a few of ITR’s recommendations on what to do now to prepare for the future, let’s address the elephant in the room. >>> READ MORE
Why Buyers Don’t Trust You – And How to Get Them to Start – LinkedIn
Remember when you were taught to “never take candy from a stranger” as a kid?
If you ever asked why not, your parents probably said something to the effect of: “Because most strangers are nice, but some aren’t, and it’s dangerous to trust strangers when there’s a chance they’re not nice.”
Your parents were teaching you about the relationship between risk and trust. And the 63% of buyers who say salespeople are not trustworthy are leaning on the exact same lesson you learned back then. >>> READ MORE
12 Sales Lessons That Sales and Marketing Experts Learned the Hard Way – HubSpot
If you’re new to sales, you may have experienced a steep learning curve making the transition. Making mistakes is part of the process, but why make them yourself if you don’t have to?
After working with hundreds of sales and marketing professionals, we’ve had the opportunity to learn from some of the best. From preparation to dealing with slip-ups, we’ve compiled some of the best B2B sales and marketing lessons that our HubSpot team and industry experts have learned during their careers. >>> READ MORE
80% of sales reps begin their closing calls like this:
“Oh hi, this is _______ with the XYZ Company. I’m calling to follow up on the (proposal, information, etc.). Did you have a chance to review that?”
Another equally as weak opening that many sales reps use is:
“Hi, this is ________ with the XYZ Company, how are you? Good, I was just calling to see if you received the demo we sent to you?”
This is the worst way to begin your closing call! First, you’re giving all control over to your prospect.
Now, why would you want to do that? >>> READ MORE
Congratulations! Your prospect has downloaded a piece of premium content such as an eBook, a sales sheet, or a whitepaper – which means your next task is to nurture the relationship.
By getting the right pieces of content in front of them at the right time, you’ll establish credibility and thought leadership, and potentially shorten their decision-making time.
In order to provide valuable information, you’ll need your new lead to continue to open the emails you send. >>> READ MORE
…And Don’t Miss An Episode of Improving Sales Performance
Don’t miss another episode of the Improving Sales Performance series where Managing Partner Matt Sunshine speaks with thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 1 where thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 2 which is focused on analysis of the annual Media Sales Report; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 3 which is focused on helping sales leaders make an IMPACT on their sales performance through insight on 4 key areas: people, process, planning, and performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 4 which is focused on talking to leaders, CEOs, Executives, and authors about their businesses and how they improve revenue performance.
- Click here to view the playlist from Season 5 which is focused on celebrating women in sales. Guests are female thought leaders, experts, and industry gurus, who share their insight, tips, and knowledge on various topics that help companies improve sales performance.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on sales leadership where industry thought leaders discuss sales and executive leadership tips.
- Click here to view the playlist focused on the analysis of the 2021 Media Sales Report conducted by The Center for Sales Strategy; unpacking the data from the surveys to help media sales teams use these insights to drive sales performance in the year ahead.
Subscribe to our newly-refreshed YouTube channel today!